under a single disbursement category “ Goods, works, consultants’ services, training and operating costs under parts A, B and C of the Project.” The GoM will pass on the funds (both Bank finance and own contribution) to project implementing agencies through budgetary grants.
Funds flow at the GoM level
4. The Government of Maharashtra will pass on the funds (both Bank finance and own contribution) to project implementing agencies through budgetary grants. The Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project involves the fund flow to three line departments and autonomous bodies. The three line departments involved are Agriculture, Co-operation & Marketing and Animal Husbandry. The Co-operation and Marketing Department is the Nodal Department. The autonomous bodies involved are
1) MSAMB – Maharashtra State Agricultural Marketing Board – Nodal Agency for the project. (under Co-operation and Marketing Department)
2) MSWC – Maharashtra State Warehousing Corporation (under Co-operation and Marketing Department)
3) 33 ATMAs in the 33 Districts(under Agriculture Department)
4.Other training institutions
(i)VANAMATI (under Agriculture Department) (ii)NIPHT (under MSAMB)
5. The project funds will be budgeted in GoM’s budget, as an identifiable budget head, under Major Head “2435 Other Agricultural Programmes ( under Marketing and Cooperation Department)” and, under subhead “World Bank Aided Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project” with appropriate break-up. The Finance Department of the GoM will provide the funds to Dept. of Co-operation and Marketing based on approved annual budget, which will further reallocate the funds based on the annual work plan and budget to Dept. of Agriculture and Dept. of Animal Husbandry through the BDS system.
Funds Flow to Agriculture Department:
6. The Dept. of Agriculture will further allocate budgetary grants through BDS to Commissioner Agriculture. PIU Agriculture will be part of the office of Commissioner of Agriculture. The budget allocation order for Agriculture Department will specify the funds provided for activities to