1. The implementation of MACP involves the participation of the department's viz. Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, and Agricultural Marketing. For policy decisions and advice HPC under the chairmanship of Chief Minister of the State has been constituted. Likewise, the Steering Committee headed by the Chief Secretary has also been established. The Principal Secreatar y (Coop. & Mktg.) is the Nodal Officer for the Project. PCU headed by the Project Director and PIUs under the heads of the departments involved in the Project have been created for coordination and implementation of the Project.
2. During the implementation of the project various activities will be conducted by the concerned Line Departments. These activities involve procurement in the areas viz. works, goods / equipments, and consultancy services.
3. All procurements under the MACP to be carried out by PCU, various PIUs and beneficiar y institutions, would be done as per the World Bank’s procurement procedure.
4. Procurement of all goods, works and services will be carried out in accordance with the World Bank’s "Guidelines: Procurement Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits" dated May 2004, revised October, 2006 (Procurement Guidelines); and "Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers" dated May 2004, revised October, 2006 (Consultancy Guidelines) and the agreed procedures described in the Legal Agreements. In case of a discrepancy between the contents of this manual and the provisions of the above Guidelines, the provisions in the Guidelines will prevail.
5. A Procurement Manual for the project has been prepared stating in detail the procedures to be followed during the procurement of goods, works and services along with the thresholds for each category. The Procurement Manual has been prepared, and will be given to all the PIUs and beneficiary institutions and all stakeholders in order to guide them on issues of procurement. The Procurement Manual will be translated in Marathi and the Marathi version