Definition of services includes Service Providers for development of markets and mandis, Third Party Monitoring services training, workshops, IEC activities (printing or distributing material through an agency), contraceptive distribution services, research and studies, hiring of procurement agents, hiring of consultants, NGO services, PPP agreements and other similar contracting.
- High-quality services;
- Economy and efficiency;
- Give qualified consultants an opportunity to compete
- Encouraging the development and use of national consultants
- The importance on transparency in the selection process
The procedures to be followed in all cases are given below in brief.
GENARLLY USED METHODS:
In MACP, most generally used method for selecting service providers will be QCBS (Quality and Cost Based Selection). In addition, as per the provisions in chapter 2 Value Thresholds, other methods such as Quality Based Selection (QBS), Consultant Qualification Based Selection (CQBS), Least Cost Method (LCM), etc. also can be used.
STEPS in QCBS
- Establish the need for the assignment and outsourcing the services
- Preparation of the Terms of Reference (TOR)
- Preparation of cost estimate and the budget
- Agreeing on the Contracting Strategy
- Advertising (for short listing of the firms when the purchaser has no knowledge about the firms who could take up the assignment)
- Preparation of the shortlist of consultants
- Preparation and issue of Request for Proposal (RFP) to shortlisted consultants containing
- Letter of Invitation (LOI)
- Information to Consultants (ITC) Standard form of Technical and Financial proposals.
- Terms of Reference(TOR)
- Standard Form of contract
- Receipt of proposals
- Opening and Evaluation of technical proposals
- Opening of financial proposals of Consultants scoring minimum qualification, and evaluation of final proposals.
- Combined evaluation of quality and cost
- Negotiations and award of the contract to the selected firm
PREPARATION OF THE TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
The Terms of Reference should include:
- A precise statement of objectives
- An outline of the tasks to be carried out
- A schedule for completion of tasks