Objectives of MACP-
- Overall aims & objectives of MACP : Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MACP) is a World Bank assisted project which aims to increase the productivity, profitability and market access of the farmers of Maharashtra.
- Project Co-ordination Unit (PCU) : The project will be implemented by the PCU headed by a Project Director which will have its headquarters at Pune.
- Line Departments :
- The project will have the participation of line departments viz. Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Agricultural Marketing.
- The line departments will be implementing various activities under the project. It will be necessary to keep a note/ information of the various activities undertaken, the manner in which they will be under taken, the agencies, stakeholders functionaries etc. involved in such activities.
- Every line department will keep the necessary information with them. However, the information pertaining to all the line departments need to be consolidated and brought out, so that the beneficiary institutions, community users and the stakeholders are aware of the details / activities proposed in the project.
- The focal point of the project is the farmer. The primary beneficiary of the project is an individual farmer or farmer’s groups/associations.
- Most of the activities in the project are community driven i.e. they are envisaged for the farming community. It is therefore necessary that the farming community understands the manner in which the activities in the project will be implemented.
- Scope of the community operations manual : The present manual will hence serve the purpose of providing the requisite information at a single source. This manual details out in a simple manner various elements of MACP Project. It hopes to facilitate greater participation from community members by explaining the project components to them and clarifying their role in the project.
Users of the Manual:
i. MACP Stakeholders : MACP encompasses various activities where in new institutions