holders including the farmers.
b. Therefore, it is imperative to improve the functioning of these market yards by providing infrastructure and training to the manpower
c. Under MACP, 20 livestock markets and 4 small ruminant markets are proposed to be modernized.
d. Under this subcomponent Modern infrastructure is proposed to be provided to the Live Stock Market Yards and Small Ruminants Markets.
e. The infrastructure mainly includes auction sheds for animals, weighing machines, milking machines, drinking water facility for human and animals, waste disposal arrangements, etc.
COMPONENT C: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
C.1 Environnemental & Social Management:
- Integrated Environment and Social Assessment (IESA) study is required to be undertaken in a World Bank aided project.
- MSAMB appointed ‘Technoserve’ an agency which undertook the Integrated Environment and Social Assessment (IESA) study.
- The main objective of the study was to identify the key environmental and social issues related to the proposed activities. The IESA study aimed to both identify opportunities to enhance environmental and social benefits as well as to mitigate any potential concerns.
- The IESA study led to development of an Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF) that integrates environmental and social considerations at all the stages of the proposed project.
- The overall assessment of the MACP interventions in terms of environmental and social considerations is positive.
- The assessment shows that while there is a very low risk of negative environmental and social impact, there are high positive social impacts and opportunities to enhance the environmental performance of the project.
- The report is made available on the MSAMB Website.
- The modes of procurement are:
i. The procurement of works will be carried out mostly by National Competitive Bidding (NCB) or by shopping and only in exceptional cases by International Competitive Bidding (ICB).
ii. The procurement for the goods will be carried out mostly by NCB or by shopping. Similarly for the purpose of