services, the procurement will mostly be carried out by Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) by hiring of individuals.
iii. Only in cases of identified governmental agency will the procurement for consultancy be done on a single source system. Incase of goods and works, bids would be invited by floating a tender notice.
iv. However, in case of consultancies, the process of Request for Quotations (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) will be adopted. Negotiations under goods and works will not be permissible. However negotiations are permissible while finalizing a consultant.
- A Procurement Manual for the project has been prepared stating in detail the procedures to be followed during the procurement of goods, works and services along with the thresholds for each category.
- The Procurement Manual has been given to all the PIUs and the implementing agencies in order to guide them in issues of procurement.
- It has also been published on the Website of MASMB.
- The Marathi version of Procurement Manual has also been given to all the line departments and all stakeholders and it has also been published on Website of MSAMB.
- Procurement procedure: The procurement made by all the implementing agencies will have to do be conducted by observing the following steps.
i) Publication of Invitation for Bid (IFB) in newspapers having wide circulation in the country.
ii) Spell out the type of goods required with specifications, infrastructure to be created and the site where they are proposed.
iii) Use of World Banks standard bidding document.
iv) Sale of bidding to start only after publication of IFB in newspapers.
v) Bidding period will be of 30 to 60 days from the date of start of sale of bidding documents.
vi) Payment in local currency.
- The details of community procurement are spelt out separately in this manual.
C.3 Financial Management:
- The cost estimates of various components will be worked out