Activities to be supported (indicative)
MACP will primarily support following activities under this component.
a) Basic infrastructure
- Platforms with sheds for producers
- Pathways for buyers
- Drinking water facility
- Toilet block
- Compound / Fencing
- Garbage / solid waste pit
- Watchman cabin
b) Productive infrastructure
- Godown (500 MT capacity)
- Small Cold Storage (5 MT)
- Grading and packing unit (Pack house) for fruits and vegetables (1000 sq.ft)
- Grading and packing tables
- Grain pulses unit with shed
A total of 300 Rural Haat will be selected for creating basic infrastructure facility in Phase I. Out of these 300 RH, 10% RHs (i.e. 30 RHs) will be selected for creating productive infrastructure facilities in Phase II.
Financing of activities
- For financing of the indicative activities listed above, a Full Project Proposal (FPP) for each Rural Haat will be required. MACP will be providing 90% financial assistance for implementing the activities approved in the FPP. Remaining 10% contribution will be borne by the concerned beneficiary institution i.e. village panchayat.
- For preparation of FPP a Service Provider (SP) will be engaged by MACP.
- Each of the selected Rural Haat will be eligible to prepare and submit FPP costing upto a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs for basic infrastructure activity of work for Phase I.
- The SP will be selected through a competitive bidding process by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), MSAMB as procurement process agreed with the World Bank.
- The selected SP will prepare the FPP with detailed estimated cost for financing