Payment process for works completed:
- As per the terms of the contract and stipulated payment schedule the Contractors, Resident Engineer of SP and VDO Village Panchayat will prepare measurements of works completed. Based on the measurement taken, the Contractor will prepare the bills of quantity.
- The measurements as per the generated bills of quantity will be entered into the measurement book issued by the PIU- MSAMB by the contractor and it will be signed by the contractor, resident engineer of SP and Secretary Village Panchayat.
- 5% of the generated bills of quantity will be checked by the MFE on the site, the reviewing of the generated bills of quantity will be done in the presence of the contractor, and resident engineer of SP.
- If the MFE finds that generated bills of quantity are as per agreed terms and conditions, he/she will certify for processing the generated bills of quantity.
- If there are errors and deviation in the generated bills of quantity the MFE will inform the contractor, resident engineer of SP and VDO Village Panchayat for reviewing and rectifying the bills of quantity.
- The rectified/corrected bills of quantity will be reentered in the measurement book issued by PIU- MSAMB and again signed by the contractor, resident engineer of SP and VDO, Village Panchayat. (Note: The contractor will specify in writing in the measurement book that he/she agrees with the rectifications and corrections).
- The Village Panchayat will make the payment to the contractor initially from the funds out of their own contribution and later from the advance received from the DDRCS.
- Subsequent to the utilization of their own funds, the Village Panchayat will seek an advance to be given by the DDRCS from the treasury (Project grant).
- Further release of funds from the treasury will be made on the recommendation by the DDRCS based upon the Utilization Certificate of the earlier tranches