- and high yielding cultivated fodder like Hybrid Napier variety CO 3 and Desmanthes Virgates yielding 100 MT grass/ ha per year.
- AHD will identify 250 farmers each from Yeotmal and Beed districts.
C) Financing of activities:-
- The identified SR farmers will be provided with a buck under MACP. Each buck costs Rs. 4000/-. Out of this each farmer will bear 50% cost i.e. Rs.2000/- and the balance i.e. Rs. 2000/- will be borne under the project.
- Similarly, each farmer will be given a rotary chaff cutter for the demonstration unit. Cost of rotary chaff cutter is Rs. 4000/-. Out of this, 50% cost will be borne by the beneficiary SR farmer and the balance i.e. Rs. 2000/- will be made available under MACP as grant.
- The identified SR farmer will be provided with fodder seed and fertilizers of Rs.1000/- only once which will be made available as project grant.
Engagement of SP and its Role:-
- The PIU-AHD will select a SP which may be NGO or Company or any other suitable entity on competitive bidding process as procurement procedure agreed with World Bank.
- The selected SP with the technical support of AHD and in consultation with the Gramsabha, will identify 250 farmers each from Yeotmal and Beed districts.
- The SP will provide training to these SR farmers on good husbandry practices, selection and management of bucks, health care etc.
- PIU-AHD with the support of ATMA and SP will organize field trips for farmers from the adjoining districts to the well functioning demonstration cum production units.
Contents of Training:-
- Good husbandry practices
- Selection and management of bucks and breeding does.
- First aid, health care/ disease prevention
- Cultivation of high yielding fodder crops.
- Organized marketing of livestock animals for breeding/ meat purpose.
Process of Implementation:-
- The selected SP with the assistance of AHD personnel and in consultation with the Gramsabha