- will be taken on contract by following World Bank procedure.
Function of the cell:-
- Main functions of the cell are:-
- Gather marketing information and its dissemination. SMS service of AHD through this cell.
- Ensure proper health care of animals in livestock markets.
- Develop thorough understanding of economics of livestock sector and designing suitable policies for improving performance.
- Identify credit availability for cold storage, grading facilities.
- Identify key problems faced by entrepreneurs in the field of poultry, meat industry and liaise them with ABDF.
- Provide training to staff.
Engagement of consultant and its role:-
- PIU-AHD will hire a consultant on a competitive bidding process as per procurement process agreed with the Word Bank.
- The selected consultant will structure and establish such a cell in AHD.
- The consultant will assist the AHD for the recruitment of experts in the market intelligence cell.
Process of Implementation:-
- The hired consultant will structure and establish a market intelligence cell in the AHD 1. This will be done in first year of the project and the cell shall function for the remaining five years of the project.
- The experts that will be housed in the cell will be taken on contract by PIU-AHD.
- The contractual personnel in the cell will be for a period of six year.
- The cell will offer specialized advice to the new entrepreneurs exploring business opportunities in the livestock sector.
- The facility will be made available by the cell on payment of certain charges.
- The departmental officers will acquire the competence to contribute to the working of the cell.
- After the project period, departmental officers will continue to work on the cell and continue to provide the services against the charges to be recovered.